Every visit to Disneyland, my favorite treat no matter what time of day is their famous Disneyland Churro! The sugar mixed with the warmth and crispy fry of the dough is pure nostalgia. But, what if I told you that you could enjoy them at home and bring the happiest place on earth into your kitchen?
Disneyland released their churros recipe, so I had to try them out for myself! Although the recipe from the DisneyMagicMoments instructed making churro tots or churros bites, my goal was to make it just like the Disneyland park original recipe with one full-sized churro!
For this recipe, you will need:
- 1 cup water
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable or canola oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Combine water, butter, salt, and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon in a 1 1/2-quart saucepan over medium heat. Bring the pot to a rolling boil. Reduce heat to low. Add flour and stir vigorously until the mix forms a ball. Remove from heat and let rest for 5-7 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and stir until combined. Set aside.
- Using caution, heat oil in a medium skillet or 1-quart saucepan over medium-high heat or until temperature reaches 350°F. Spoon dough into a piping bag fitted with a large star tip. Pipe a 1-inch strip of dough over the saucepan, cut with a knife, and drop into the hot oil. Repeat until the churro bites fill the saucepan with room to fry. Fry the churro bites until golden brown. Remove with a slotted spoon or mesh spider strainer. Drain churro bites on a paper towel.
- Mix sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon in a medium bowl. Toss in churro bites until coated.
- Place on a serving plate and serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Making Disneyland Churros at home is a magical experience that will take you back to the happiest place on earth. Enjoy them fresh and hot, just like they do in the park. Whether you’re serving them up for a family snack or a special occasion, these churros are sure to be a hit with everyone. Make sure to try them out and share them with your loved ones for a little bit of Disney magic at home!
Craving more Disney recipes? Click here for Disneyland Dole Whip!
SORT BYcloudAdd a public comment…
Pingback: Traditional & Boozy Disneyland Dole Whip Recipes! Just Add Rum! - Jessie Eats