This Spicy Jalapeño Margarita is the perfect drink for those who love a little bit of heat in their cocktail. With only three simple ingredients and a memorable recipe portion of 2-1-1, this drink is easy to make and even easier to drink!
Is it weird to say that something that brings this amount of heat is refreshing? Well, that’s exactly what you’ll feel after taking a sip of this delicious margarita.
Similar to my 5 Spice Bourbon Cocktail and Grapefruit Basil Greyhound recipes, the secret to this cocktail is making your own simple syrup! Traditional simple syrup is made by adding equal parts sugar and water to a saucepan over medium heat, and stirring until the sugar is fully dissolved. But for this recipe, we’ll add an additional jalapeño to the mix. Not only will this add spice, but a savory quality to your drink!
For the Cocktail, you will need:
- 2 parts tequila (2 oz)
- 1 part fresh lime juice (1 oz)
- 1 part Jalapeño simple syrup (1 oz)
- Salt to rim the glass
- Jalapeño & lime wedge to garnish
- Cocktail shaker
- Before mixing your ingredients, rim the glass of your choice with salt. You can even add Tajín for an extra kick!
- In your cocktail shaker, pour your 2-1-1 recipe: 2 ounces of tequila, 1 ounce of fresh lime juice, and 1 ounce of your homemade Jalapeño simple syrup.
- Shake everything together vigorously for about 10-15 seconds.
- Strain the cocktail into your salt-rimmed glass with ice.
- Garnish with a lime wedge and sliced jalapeños.
- Craving extra spice? You can always muddle additional jalapeño peppers in your shaker to add that extra kick!
Enjoy this spicy and refreshing margarita any time you’re in the mood for a little heat in your drink. And, if you’re a fan of cocktails with a kick, make sure to check out some of my other spicy cocktail recipes!
Pingback: Grapefruit Basil Greyhound: An Easy Refreshing Vodka Cocktail - Jessie Eats